||MiiYeti [ Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 pm ]
||My Jim Wilder tug rebuild
Today I began to work on my Jim wilder tug (thank you Kurt Van Dam for a great buy) and I began with removing the wooden platforms for the batteries motor
File comment: platforms for the old lead acid battery
IMG_3783.JPG [ 2.9 MiB | Viewed 6046 times ]
and the servo mount.
File comment: servo mount/weight container
IMG_3780.JPG [ 2.88 MiB | Viewed 6046 times ]
I removed the gravel that was beneath the servo mount
File comment: gravel beneath the servo mount
IMG_3789.JPG [ 2.53 MiB | Viewed 6046 times ]
and found that there were BB's epoxied to the hull so i chiseled out most of them with a pick and a flat blade screwdriver.
File comment: the BB's after i removed most of them
IMG_3790.JPG [ 3.15 MiB | Viewed 6046 times ]
I removed the majority of the ball bearings using only the previously mentioned tools But to remove the rest of the ball bearings I need to use the heat gun to warm the epoxy Which heated up the hull and popped the fiberglass
File comment: the fiberglass that popped from heat
IMG_3800.JPG [ 3.26 MiB | Viewed 6046 times ]
which i will have to sand through and repair and I began to sand it tonight but i am to tired to continue.
File comment: the fiberglass where i began to sand out the air bubbles
IMG_3799.JPG [ 2.96 MiB | Viewed 6046 times ]
More for tomorrow!